Prof. Dr. MBA Chahan Yeretzian is Professor for Analytical Chemistry, Bioanalytical Chemistry and Diagnostics at Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) and Head of the Coffee Excellence Center.
Earned an MBA from University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
Studied Physical Chemistry at the University of Berne/Switzerland, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)/USA and Technical University of Munich (TUM)/Germany. His research focus was on laser spectroscopy and nanotechnology.
Chahan joined 1996 Nestlé R&D and held various senior R&D positions in Switzerland, US and Germany, where his research covered everything from liquid coffee, coffee-concentrate, soluble coffee to single-serve systems.
In 2008, Chahan joined the ZHAW where he and founded the Coffee Excellence Center and initiated in 2010 the first post-graduate degree on coffee.
• Board and Chair Positions at Specialty Coffee Association (SCA)
o 2015 - 18: Board of Directors & Chair of Research Advisory Council of SCAE / SCA
o Board of Swiss SCA Chapter – since 2008
• Board of ASIC (Association for the Science and Information on Coffee) – since 2017
• Advisory board of Atomo Coffee and Sudden Coffee
• 2017-19: Advisory Board of German Museum in Munich for special exhibition „Kosmos Kaffee“
• Member of Expert Panel “ITC-Alliances for Action Coffee Export Guide, 4th Ed.”
© 2023 Coffee Knowledge Hub
Simonelli Group SpA.
Via Emilio Betti, 1, 62020
Belforte del Chienti MC
VAT n. 01951160439