In this course, learners will deepen their theoretical knowledge of the main processing methods, learn best practices and gain hands-on experience with a quality control system for post-harvest processing.
Through this content, participants will develop the skills necessary to achieve different flavor profiles through processing, gain an understanding of the critical stages of processing to reduce the risk of producing coffees with quality issues.
The course takes place in a producing country during the harvest season and involves lectures, team activities, applied lessons, and cuppings. It is a collaborative, hands-on learning experience designed to meet the practical needs of coffee producing professionals working in the industry
To be certified, attendees must pass both the theoretical and practical tests.
There will also be the option of an additional day to explore nearby areas, and experience Vietnamese coffee culture.
• Start Natural drying process / Log information of the drying.
• Pulp all the treatments.
• Start Honey drying process / Log information of the drying.
• Start fermentations:
1. Anaerobic/ Under water
2. Aerobic/ Extended (Thin layer, dry fermentation)
3. Aerobic & 1/2 Anaerobic (stacked dry fermentation)
4. Start logs of the fermentation.
• Understand the importance of measuring moisture, what is the correct use of the
equipment and the importance of calibration.
• Measure and analyze different samples in scenarios of what decision to make as
• Wash all the treatments.
• Start drying process for all the treatments / Log information of the drying process.
• Understand the importance of recognize the physical defects of the green beans
produced by processing and where they originate to be able to avoid them and
have better yields.
Please register for the course here and then register on the CQI page here: https://database.coffeeinstitute.org/course/6067
Be ready for the course start hereby 19 February 2024
© 2023 Coffee Knowledge Hub
Simonelli Group SpA
Via Emilio Betti, 1, 62020
Belforte del Chienti MC
VAT n. 01951160439